Power System Grounding Engineer
EasyPower has partnered with SINT Ingegneria and is the exclusive distributor of XGSLab in North America. XGSLab is one of the most powerful and easiest-to-use software packages for grounding system analysis, electromagnetic interference and lightning analysis. While relatively new to North America, XGSLab has an established track record in Europe and its capabilities rival or outperform other top players in this space.
EasyPower is looking for an electrical engineer with demonstrated experience in substation grounding system design/analysis, electromagnetic interference, lightning protection, or similar experience to join the team and lead the efforts around building the XGSLab brand.
- Learn all aspects of XGSLab and become the company’s resident expert in this product and its applications.
- Perform substation grounding, electric and magnetic fields, lightning protection, electromagnetic interference and related studies using all appropriate tools, including XGSLab, EasyPower and related products
- Estimate project costs, write proposals and scopes of work
- Work with engineering group to perform other power system studies, including short circuit, arc flash, protective device coordination
- Understand and apply industry standards, applicable safety codes, regulatory compliance requirements and construction codes to projects
- Provide marketing and pre-sales engineering support for XGSLab
- Represent EasyPower in standards development activities, such as in the IEEE
- Present webinars and provide training on XGSLab
- Assist in business development activities surrounding XGSLab
- Assist in the product development lifecycle for new versions of XGSLab and EasyPower
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of professional experience.
- 2+ years’ experience performing analysis and design of substation and power system grounding systems with CDEGS (experience with WinIGS or ETAP a bonus)
- Experience with lightning protection analysis and design
- Experience performing power system modeling and analysis with software tools and writing technical reports. Relevant experience includes short circuit, arc-flash, protective device coordination, harmonic analysis or similar.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of power systems analysis and calculation methodologies (symmetrical components, per-unit systems, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of substation physical equipment and layout
- Basic knowledge of utility power system protection concepts
- Proficiency with CAD software (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc)
- Ability to interpret and apply standards including NEC, IEEE, IEC, ANSI, NESC, and client standards
- Familiarity with IEEE 80 and 81, ground grid testing methods and soil resistivity measurement methods (Wenner / Schlumberger)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong leadership potential
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) license is desired
What to Expect
EasyPower offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, challenging work and a comfortable work environment. You will work as part of a cross-functional, high performance team of engineers and software developers on new and existing technical problems and software tools. As part of a small company, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact and could become a key contributor in a growing organization.
To be considered, please email your resume to email@example.com.