ArcFlash Essentials Features
- Create detailed electrical one-lines
- Smart one-lines highlight problem areas
- ANSI-standard/IEC symbols
- Windows-compliant interface
- User-defined colors, grid, text, fonts, and more
- Create any type of power system
- Intuitive toolbar with mouse-click simplicity
- Drag and drop devices from extensive equipment palette
- Panel schedules and motor control centers
- Model, analyze and isolate potential hazardous conditions
Arc Flash Calculator
- Calculates short-circuit currents
- Flags over-dutied equipment
- Determines arc duration based on PDC settings noted in a physical survey
- Instant answers from proprietary algorithms
- Detailed calculations and reports, compliant with NFPA 70E and OSHA
- User-defined working distances, boundary parameters, and arcing current brackets
Arc Flash Labels | Create, Print, Store
- Automatically prints ANSI Z535-compliant arc flash labels
- Fully customizable label templates—any language, any graphic
- Shows NFPA 70E flash boundaries, incident energies, PPE requirements, approach boundaries, and more
- Direct output on high-quality UV-resistant vinyl labels to Brady and Dura-Label printers
- Direct output to SafetyCal laser print labels
- Multicolor printing
Energized Work Permits | Create, Print, Store
- Create and print NFPA 70E-compliant energized work permits with built-in templates
- Includes calculated flash hazard boundaries, incident energy, PPE requirements, shock hazard voltage, approach boundaries (limited, restricted, and prohibited)
- NFPA 70E-compliant documentation in auto-generated Word documents
- Link work permits to the right equipment and store on the one-line
User-Definable Work Permit Library
- Extensive customizable library for hundreds of specific work tasks
- Detailed job descriptions and safety procedures stored for each task
- HRC substantiation
- Determine voltage-rated gloves and tools
Hyperlink Documents to the One-Line | One Place, One Click
- Store all important documents right on the one-line
- Convenient mouse-click access for all plant personnel
- Maintenance records, instruction manuals, lockout/tagout procedures, pictures, and more
- Comply with regulations easily and quickly
Built-In Prompts | Identify, Review, Prepare
- Identify potential hazards
- Check job plans
- Review steps to protect workers
- Prepare for emergencies
ArcFlash Essentials also includes SmartBreaker™ and SmartDuty™.
ArcFlash Essentials Example
- Includes the latest calculation standards for IEEE-1584 and NFPA 70E.
- Model ANSI short-circuit calculations using momentary, interrupting, or 30-cycle currents for unmatched flexibility.
- Automatically and correctly selects the fastest protective trip times, no matter how many protective devices.
- Model differential, partial differential, arc flash sensing, zone interlocking, and other instantaneous sensing devices.
- Display of bus-based or detailed arc flash values.
- Direct output of ANSI Z535-compliant labels from spreadsheet to Brady and Dura-Label printers on UV resistant vinyl labels.
- Detailed spreadsheet provides at-a-glance calculations: NFPA 70E flash boundaries, incident energies, PPE requirements, approach boundaries, and more.
- Reports can include detailed let-through energy for all devices, worst-case bus or line-side values.
- Reporting in English or metric units.
- Click on any equipment to create NFPA 70E-compliant energized work permits with built-in templates; they automatically link to the selected equipment.
Try Before You Buy
Download a free evaluation copy today. It’s the smartest, easiest way to decide!