EasyPower 2024 New Licensing Information
Starting with EasyPower 2024, we are using the Bentley Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) licensing technology. There are many benefits to this new licensing and a few steps to get you and your company transitioned to it, especially if your company doesn't already use other Bentley products.
Note: New Version Numbering. In order to align with the naming convention of the Bentley products, we are shifting to a system that is based on the year it is released. The new EasyPower 2024 is the version that follows EasyPower 11.0.
Benefits of the New Licensing System
The new licensing system has account-based access, rather than license keys, serial numbers, or authorization codes. There will no longer be a need for license servers or complicated VM setups to access the software on multiple computers.
- Access your license from any computer where EasyPower 2024 is installed—no need to move licenses from one computer to another.
- Ability to quickly purchase new licenses online through Bentley's e-commerce website.
- Increased visibility and control of license usage.
- Customers with multiple Bentley products can manage all of their licenses in one place.
- Ability for enterprise customers to participate in Bentley's E365 pay-per-use model.
With the new licensing system, it will be helpful for you to familiarize yourself with the following terms.
- Bentley Account Administrator – The person/people in your company or organization responsible for managing the access and use of software and resources provided by Bentley.
- CONNECT Center – Bentley's web-based platform for accessing a user’s CONNECTED software products, projects, and services, including Account Administrator tools and resources, software downloads, service requests, and LEARN content and training. Located at https://connect.bentley.com/.
- CONNECTION Client - This is a desktop application that is now installed along with EasyPower. Users and Administators will log in using credentials they create to access EasyPower and other Bentley software products. Bentley also provides cloud services, user portals, and user analytics through CONNECTION Client.
- Entitlement – Refers to an organization’s claim or ownership of Bentley software licences and services.
- Feature Level – EasyPower is a unique product in the Bentley portfolio, with many combinations of capabilities and sizes to fit the needs of our customers. Our product offering has been refined into what Bentley calls “Feature Levels,” which are pre-defined groups of analysis modules and bus counts.
- License – A software license which a user or an organization is entitled to. License and Entitlement are often used interchangeably.
- SELECT Agreement – Bentley's standard terms and conditions for purchase and use of Bentley products and services. It replaces the EasyPower End User License Agreement.
- SES – (Subscription Entitlement Service) licensing. This is Bentley's licensing technology that is now implemented in EasyPower 2024. It is a replacement for our previous system which relied on SL, HL, and Network keys.
- Bentley IMS – Bentley Identity Management Service. Essentially, the way in which your log-in information is tied to your organization, entitlements, and licenses.
- E365 – (Enterprise 365 Program) A program offered to subscribers that provides usage-based pricing with pre-defined rates and terms.
Next Steps - What Do I Do Now?
In order for current EasyPower users to download the latest version of EasyPower 2024, you will need to create or sign in to a Bentley user account, if you don't already have one. Follow the flow chart below to see which steps apply to your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is EasyPower Licensing changing?
As a part of our integration into Bentley Systems, we’re updating our licensing technology to better serve our customers. This upgrade to Bentley's Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) will provide new ways of accessing, managing, and using the EasyPower software.
What is Bentley’s Subscription Entitlement Service (SES)?
License entitlements, which are granted and maintained through user management in the Bentley CONNECT Center, replace the serial numbers and site activation keys used in previous versions of EasyPower. Your sign-in to the Bentley CONNECTION Client validates your use of the software and provides enhanced security for your Bentley licenses and subscriptions.
How will this impact my current software?
If you’re using Easypower 11.0 or earlier, you will not see a change in your license entitlement process. Easypower 2024 will be the first product version available on Bentley’s Subscription Entitlement Service (SES).
How do I enable the Subscription Entitlement Service (SES)?
First, your users must be registered. Click here for detailed instructions. Once users have completed the registration, they can install an application that features the Subscription Entitlement Service.
I own a perpetual product; how does this affect me?
While Bentley provides licenses through the Subscription Entitlement Services (SES), you can think of SES as your “subscription” to our legacy “maintenance.” You can upgrade your perpetual product to EasyPower 2024 and SES licensing.
Why do I have to sign up for a subscription?
While typical subscriptions are available to those who want them, for most of our existing customers it’s just a change in terminology from “maintenance” to “subscription.”
Can I upgrade to EasyPower 2024 without upgrading to SES licensing?
No, starting with EasyPower 2024, all EasyPower programs will operate with SES licensing technology.
Can I upgrade to EasyPower 2024 without creating a Bentley account?
No. SES licensing is account-based and managed by your organization. Please refer to the licensing flowchart to get started.
Is there an offline mode?
Yes, Easypower can still be used when disconnected from the internet. However, offline policies are set and managed by your organization. For additional information, please reach out to your organization’s administrator.
Can users still check out a license?
Yes. License checkout still functions. This can be done by the administrator via the Entitlement Management Service or by the user in the Bentley Licensing Tool.
Can I see who is currently using licenses?
Account Administrators will be able to see the names of users who are running licenses. Users will not be able to see this information.