EasyPower 9.6 Update Release Notes
EasyPower LLC is excited to announce our release of EasyPower 9.6! This release includes new features and improvements to your EasyPower software.
EasyPower 9.6 New & Enhanced Feature Overview
- SKM Import - you can now import data to EasyPower from an SKM format export file.
- New Equipment Duty Scenario Comparison Report - enables you to identify overdutied equipment in your scenarios and to report on the best and worst case scenarios.
- Improved Arc Flash Hazard Scenario Report - includes additional columns of information along with the ability to export to a CSV file.
- Improvements to the installation and activation process:
- The installation is faster and simpler.
- A single computer can now have access to multiple licenses. You can quickly switch between the licenses you want to use.
- Your software can be updated easily for new versions or service packs.
- After installing this version, you won’t need a different activation code if you decide to add or remove features to your existing product.
- Your EasyPower files are now easier to find - with all files being copied into your personal Documents library. (You can still share files from a common location, if needed.)
- Improved in-product Help - includes significant new information, improved workflow, and an updated appearance.
- Many other program enhancements.
- View a detailed list of all New Features, Enhancements, and Bug Fixes.
Activating Your New Software
A new authorization code is required to activate EasyPower 9.6 the first time you run the new software. This code has also been sent to the registered user at your company.
As mentioned above, you will need a serial number to download the update, and the authorization code to install the new version of the EasyPower software. Both of these were sent to the registered (primary) user at your company.
EasyPower updates are accessible to all EasyPower users with a current maintenance contract.
Please note the following comments associated with this release:
- The EasyPower 9.6 program can be installed side-by-side with your existing version of EasyPower software.
- It is advisable, as you transition to the new version, to always make a backup of your existing files prior to modification in the new version, or save your files with new file names after modification in the new version.
- The EasyPower 9.6 program now uses an updated version of the device library which cannot be used by older EasyPower versions. The new library and other data files will be installed in a new location and new folder ...(My)Documents\EasyPower 9.6\. You can configure the new file locations in Tools -> Options -> File Locations.
- Our software engineers are constantly working to provide you with up-to-the-minute technology. Prior to beginning any new project, we suggest you go to Tools -> Update and check for updates.
There are new default folders for installation. If you are making use of your old data files or registry settings, please note the following changes.
- Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPower 9.6
- Application data: ...(My)Documents\EasyPower 9.6
- Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EasyPower\EasyPower
Important: If you are installing on a network, you must perform the server installation and activation BEFORE you install and activate EasyPower on your client computers.
Please call us at +1(503) 655-5059 option 3, or email email@example.com, if you need any assistance or have technical questions. To give us feedback on the EasyPower 9.6 release, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Help - Finding your serial number
You will need your serial number to log into the updates page. If you are not aware of your serial number, there are three ways to find it:
- Look in your software - Go to the "e" button (upper left corner) -> About EasyPower.
- Hardware key - look on the sticker attached to your USB hardware key.
- Primary user - talk to the main EasyPower contact at your company. You will need to talk to them as well, to get your new authorization code.