EasyPower 9.7 Update Release Notes
EasyPower LLC is excited to announce our release of EasyPower 9.7! This release includes new features and improvements to your EasyPower software.
EasyPower 9.7 New & Enhanced Feature Overview
- NFPA 70E 2015 Enhancements
- Arc Flash label templates have been updated to reflect new standards
- In Short Circuit Options, on the Arc Flash Hazard tab, the Standard list has been updated to refer to NFPA-70E 2015 D.2, D.3 +.
- PPE level 0 for the table PPE Levels NFPA 70E 130.7(C)(16) has been changed from a PPE level text of #0 to #1.
- Tool Points of Connection
- A Tool Point of Connection is a new equipment item available in EasyPower. It is used to represent the multiple electrical connection points of a tool (such as a manufacturing tool).
- Arc Flash - Enhancements have been made to the Arc Flash calculations and reports.
- SKM Import
- The layout and appearance of the imported items on the one-line have been improved.
- You now have the ability to use local mapping files in addition to the mapping files downloaded from the web to map SKM import information.
- Full ECCM Integration with EasyPower
- Many other program enhancements.
- View a detailed list of all New Features, Enhancements, and Bug Fixes.
Updating from within EasyPower
If you have a stand-alone license (not using a network license), you can update your software from within EasyPower by selecting Tools > Update. If you are using a network license, you should use the manual update outlined below - download and then activate the software.
Activating Your New Software
Your authorization code has been sent to the registered user at your company. This code will be needed when downloading the update outside of the EasyPower software.
As mentioned above, you will need a serial number to download the update, and the authorization code to install the new version of the EasyPower software. Both of these were sent to the registered (primary) user at your company.
EasyPower updates are accessible to all EasyPower users with a current maintenance contract.
Please note the following comments associated with this release:
- The EasyPower 9.7 program can be installed side-by-side with your existing version of EasyPower software.
- It is advisable, as you transition to the new version, to always make a backup of your existing files prior to modification in the new version, or save your files with new file names after modification in the new version.
- The EasyPower 9.7 program now uses an updated version of the device library which cannot be used by older EasyPower versions. The new library and other data files will be installed in a new location and new folder ...(My)Documents\EasyPower 9.7\. You can configure the new file locations in Tools -> Options -> File Locations.
- Our software engineers are constantly working to provide you with up-to-the-minute technology. Prior to beginning any new project, we suggest you go to Tools -> Update and check for updates.
Files will be installed to the following locations:
- Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPower 9.7
- Application data: ...(My)Documents\EasyPower 9.7
- Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EasyPower\EasyPower
Important: If you are installing on a network, you must perform the server installation and activation BEFORE you install and activate EasyPower on your client computers.
Please call us at +1(503) 655-5059 option 3, or email email@example.com, if you need any assistance or have technical questions. To give us feedback on the EasyPower 9.7 release, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Help - Finding your serial number
You will need your serial number to log into the updates page. If you are not aware of your serial number, there are three ways to find it:
- Look in your software - Go to the "e" button (upper left corner) -> About EasyPower.
- Hardware key - look on the sticker attached to your USB hardware key.
- Primary user - talk to the main EasyPower contact at your company. You will need to talk to them as well, to get your new authorization code.