Paladin® DesignBase™ is a comprehensive power systems simulation platform for modeling, analyzing and optimizing power system performance. Regardless of the complexity of your electrical infrastructure, Paladin DesignBase provides the technological richness to perfect your infrastructure for superior system performance.
- 800-component library with more than 100,000 device-specific manufacturers' specifications
- A comprehensive range of integrated analysis modules
- Easy-to-navigate CAD-like user interface, allowing unprecedented ease of use
- Personal and team-based productivity features and data management tools
Paladin DesignBase 7.0 Update
EasyPower LLC is excited to announce our release of DesignBase 7.0! with new features which update the software to the IEEE 1584-2018 arc flash calculations standard as well as other safety and workflow enhancements. This release includes features such as a new arc flash tab in the device data editor, an equipment class type for enclosure sizing, user defined enclosure sizes and the ability to choose which general approach you want use to run arc flash analysis. Learn More
Watch this video showing some of the updated features in the DesignBase 7.0 release.
Power Analysis Features
Paladin DesignBase includes a family of 42 design and simulation features including:
- Power Flow
- Voltage Stability
- Short Circuit
- Arc Flash
- Protective Device Coordination
- Wire Sizing
- Generator Sizing
- Load Forecasting
- Transmission Line Parameters
- Cable Ampacity
Engineering Productivity Features
Paladin DesignBase offers users an unparalleled range of features and functions designed to increase their engineering capabilities, without adding technical complexity:
- Rich-Object Component Library: This comprehensive library of frequently-used design components allows users to easily “drag and drop” pre-defined symbols on their design workspace. Each Paladin DesignBase symbol is an intelligent object that is instructed to connect itself to the desired object, and to stay anchored once connected. If two branches are connected by the user, then the program automatically generates a physical node.
- Complex Components: This feature allows Paladin DesignBase users to save any part of a model as an object… no matter how many objects are contained within it. This allows sophisticated grouping of objects – say a collection of buses or equipment – to be saved as a single custom component… and used over and over in downstream design projects.
- User-Customizable Symbols Catalog: Paladin DesignBase has incorporated Autodesk’s “ActiveShapes® Editor,” allowing users to design the layout of any new catalog component, such as a new bus symbol or branch symbol.
- Project Layout Management: Paladin DesignBase users can organize the project layout as a single drawing model, as a multiple-page model, or as multiple drawings model. The drawings are electrically interconnected and operate on a single project database.
- User-Customizable Working Environment Layout: Paladin DesignBase users can customize the displayed tools, features and application, as well as customize the toolbars and the associated commands.
- Comprehensive Library: Paladin DesignBase has a comprehensive, verified and validated library with protective devices, control systems, battery data, transformers, cables, motors, generators, transmission lines, relays, etc.
DesignBase Hyperlink Feature
This feature allows Paladin DesignBase users to connect any Windows-based application to their Paladin DesignBase project, including any website. This is a powerful feature that allows users to organize their Paladin DesignBase projects – stored in a single project database – as multiple page or multiple drawings project. For a given project, the hyperlink feature is a search, find, open the drawing model and locate the network component on the drawing.
- DesignBase models become boundary-less, extending wherever necessary
- Models are not constrained to CAD-only elements, but to all business applications
- A single project database ensures manageability over the extended design model
Data Structure Analyzer
This is a powerful function that automatically checks the drawings components and their database. This feature allows the user to fix either the model components layout or the project data base against the displayed components.
- Automatic updates of legacy information into new DesignBase environment
- Per user selection, can delete obsolete components not found in the database, and…
- Can also generate needed components found in the database, but missing in the model
Automatic Error Checking
A state of the art function that allows the user to automatically check the network connectivity and voltage consistency. The feature automatically detects any network connectivity inconsistency and fixes it.
- Potential design flaws are isolated and flagged by DesignBase intelligence
- Automatically adjusts network data for system consistency
- Automatically provides data connectivity model components