New Features and Enhancements in EasyPower 9.8
The following new feature additions, enhancements and bug fixes are included in EasyPower 9.8. Follow this link for a summary of these changes as well as installation instructions.
EasyPower has been updated to be compatible with the new EasyPower OnSite mobile app. This includes a Media Gallery, where you can attach pictures to your power system equipment, and Collected Data, which displays information imported from other sources, including EasyPowerOnSite.
Note: As a result of this change, the Import Data tab has been removed from the data dialog boxes and is now replaced by the Collected Data tab.
IEEE 519-2014 Enhancements
EasyPower harmonics calculations have been updated to include changes detailed in IEEE 519-2014 standards. This includes:
- New voltage total harmonic distortion limit values for phase voltages at the point of common coupling (PCC) for voltage less than 1 kV
- Exclusion of the second harmonic from the current distortion limit tables for systems between 120V to 161 kV
- Exclusion of harmonic orders 51 or higher from total demand distortion (TDD)
EasyPower now includes support for T-ZSI (threshold zone selective interlocking) for GE Entelliguard trip units.
New Transformer Cooling Classes
Transformer cooling classes have been added as per new ANSI C57 and IEC-60076 standards.
There are now additional fields on the Impodance tab of the two-winding transformer's data dialog box. You can enter a user-specified MVA/kVA Base so you can describe impedance based on a self-cooled or forced-cooled rating. In addition, a Loss kW field has been added to obtain the X/R ratio based on data sheet specifications, and an X0/R0 Ratio field has also been added.
Enhancements have been made to schedules for panels, MCC and switchboards. New text styles allow for customization of font, size, and weight. New schedule variables have been added. There is a new Accessories tab in the data dialog boxes for buses, MCCs, and panels, where you can include additional accessory and meter data information. Metered data can be included in the schedules. User-defined abbreviations for the Demand (Code) Names are now supported.
Export Short Circuit Reports as CSV
There is a new option in Short Circuit Options that enables you to export the short circuit and equipment duty reports to a CSV (comma separated value) file. The files are stored in the same folder as the DEZ file.
EasyPower includes a new Functional Groups feature that enables you to combine specific equipment on the one-line. In this release, the first functional group available is a Relay Controlled Fuse Group.
User-Defined One-line Device
There is a new option available on the Arc Flash Hazard tab of a bus, under Trip Times for this Bus. With this option, you can specify which device you want to use for the TCC time, and the program will obtain the trip time automatically. You can select a device type (relay fuse, or low voltage breaker) and device ID. If you select a relay, you also select the relay function.
Transparent fill is now available as a default color on TCC plots for thermal magnetic breakers and solid state trips.
The Manage License Keys window (available under Tools > Manage Licenses) now displays more information about each license, including the type of license, the number of buses, and the features available. A new link has been added to the window that enables you to easily open the Sentinel Admin Control Console for advanced network license management.
EasyPower now opens with a new Start Page that is designed to help new or experienced users easily create or open one-lines and to find helpful resources such as videos and documentation.
Thirteen product tutorials are now available to help walk you through numerous procedures in EasyPower. You can follow along in the software as the tutorials walk you through basic and advanced features of EasyPower.
Note: Due to the type of activities in the MCC and panel tutorials, these two tutorials open in a separate browser window, which is different from the behavior of the other tutorials. You need to adjust your window sizes as described in the tutorials to view the MCC and panel tutorials side-by-side with EasyPower.
SafetyTracker™ Has Been Replaced with EasyPower
SafetyTracker has been discontinued and its features are now available through a modified version of EasyPower. SafetyTracker customers on current maintenance plans will receive a new Viewer license key for EasyPower. This EasyPower version has the same functionality that was previously offered in SafetyTracker.
9.8.1 SP2 Fixes
- Arc Flash: Fixed an issue where using customized settings when printing arc flash hazard labels produced different results in Windows 10 than on earlier versions of Windows.
- Arc Flash: Fixed an issue where the Approach Boundaries on the arc flash labels were not displaying the correct units.
- Arc Flash: Fixed an issue where the 4x6 arc flash labels were too large to fit on the label page.
- Arc Flash: Fixed an issue where the ZSI self-restraining feature was displaying the incorrect arc flash results.
- Coordination: Fixed an issue where straight lines appeared on the TCC plot when instantaneous settings were selected.
- Coordination: Fixed an issue where switching from a single-line-to-ground fault to a 3-phase fault would cause the program to display a warning message and then close.
- Coordination: Fixed an issue where the program closed intermittently when attempting to print a TCC on Windows 10.
- DataConnect: Fixed an issue that occurred when uninstalling the OnSite DataConnect utility where not all folders were being removed.
- Drawings: Fixed an issue where font sizes on drawings shrank when printing to PDF.
- Drawings: Fixed an issue where the address on the title block in a sample one-line displayed the incorrect address.
- Dynamic Stability: Fixed an issue in where changes to the format of the Y axis for a plot were not being applied.
- General: Fixed an issue where using a Unicode name in the user folder path caused the application to close.
- Harmonics: Fixed an issue where harmonics options were not saved after being changed.
- Help: Fixed an issue where typing a search term in the Help search box did not display any topics.
- Help: Fixed an issue where Help was not being installed as part of the EasySolv or OneLine Designer installations.
- Scenario Manager: Fixed issue where the Approach Boundary columns on the Arc Flash Scenario Comparison Report were not displaying the correct units.
- Scenario Manager: Fixed issue where EasyPower would close abruptly when attempting to open scenarios created in earlier EasyPower versions.
- Scenario Manager: Fixed an issue where attempting to send an Equipment Duty report to Excel 2016 would cause the program to display an error message.
- Scenario Manager: Fixed an issue where opening a scenario would cause the program to display an error message and then stop responding.
9.8 SP1 Fixes
- LV Breaker Data: The ST PU range of values now shows the appropriate pickup amps when the sensor is 2000 or greater for AC PRO solid state trip units.
- Media Gallery: Improved Media Gallery performance with mouse wheel control.
- Power Flow: The Temporary Motor dialog box now shows the correct motor starting kW for metric motors.
- Relay TCC Plots: Improved combination TCC curve for independent time overcurrent, short time, and instantaneous trip functions.
- Power Flow: The Apply button in the Power Flow Options dialog box now applies changes to the one-line.
- SKM Import: Improvements have been made to circuit breaker data import.
- Arc Flash: Fixed issue where the Threshold Incident Energy defined in Short Circuit Options was not correctly applied.
- Bus Data: Fixed issue where diversity was allowed to be entered in the Bus Data dialog box as 0.
- Drawings: Fixed issue where default title block text did not appear in a new drawing that was created using the "Save as" command from an existing drawing.
- EasyControl: Fixed issue where text on a PDF printed from EasyControl was larger than the text on the one-line.
- Licensing: Fixed issue where authorizing EasyPower for a user whose name included braces would display an error 400 and fail.
- LV Breaker Data - ZSI tab: Fixed issue where the Upstream Breaker ID on the ZSI tab was lost on a copied and pasted bus.
- MCC Elevation: Fixed issue in MCC elevations where metric motors were reporting HP values instead of kW.
- Print Title Block: Fixed issue where title block data from an earlier version of EasyPower was not appearing in the print settings for a newer version.
- Scenario Comparison Reports: Fixed issue where running the Arc Flash Scenario Comparison Report without including the Base Case would cause EasyPower to stop responding.
- Smart PDC: Fixed issue where the Auto-Coordination Report did not provide feedback that data was missing for coordination.
- TCC: Fixed issue where white could not be used as a background color for notes.
- TCC: Fixed issue where the note format was not being stored on TCC plots.
- TCC: Fixed issue where breaker curves were not displayed in the TCC plot if one of the breakers had no data entered.
- TCC: Fixed issue where ground settings were missing the delay time when in the TCC the Motor Overload check box was selected. There is now a warning when needed data is missing.