EasyPower 10.3 Update Release Notes
EasyPower LLC is excited to announce our release of EasyPower 10.3! This release focuses mainly on two new module - a Revit Integration module and a Power Systems Reliability module.
The Following are New & Enhanced Features in EasyPower 10.3:
To view a detailed list of changes and fixes, go to the 10.3 details page.
EasyPower's Revit Integrator™ feature enables you to share data between EasyPower and AutoDesk® Revit® software. Use this feature to easily extract electrical system information from Revit to automatically create an EasyPower one-line. You can design your system and perform analysis functions in EasyPower, and then export the results from EasyPower back to Revit. You can repeat these steps to keep your Revit and EasyPower data synchronized.
See Using EasyPower with Autodesk® Revit® Software for more information.
EasyPower's Reliability module is based on the IEEE 493 standard, which is commonly known as the "Gold Book." It provides electrical engineers with the tools to quantify the reliability, availability, and cost impact of downtime for their electrical power system networks. It offers one-click analysis of the entire system, and not just a single load branch. Automatic data mapping ensures there is minimal additional work required to perform a reliability assessment on a power system after the one-line diagram is created
You can import data from our library which is populated with information from IEEE 493-2007 Annex Q, which contains decades' worth of empirical reliability data by equipment type. You can also customize the data in the individual data dialog boxes, or by using a spreadsheet view that enables you to easily edit multiple pieces of equipment at once. If you have failure information more appropriate for your specific equipment, you can override the Annex Q numbers to get a more accurate prediction of your system’s reliability. You can also create your own custom library to import your specific data. Regardless of the source used, you can automatically map this data to your one-lines so that you don’t have to manually enter it.
EasyPower provides you with reports that display information about your system reliability results.
Note: New release features often include changes to the database. This may affect what you see in the Database Browser and also what is included when you export data into CSV files. If your existing work processes rely on information from the database, be sure to review your processes after you update your software.
See Reliability for more information.
Additional Release Information
Updating from Within EasyPower
If you have a stand-alone license (and not a network license), you can update your software from within EasyPower by selecting Tools > Update. If you are using a network license, you should use the manual update outlined below - download and then activate the software.
Activating Your New Software
Your authorization code has been sent to the registered user at your company. This code will be needed when downloading the update outside of the EasyPower software.
You will need a serial number to download the update, and the authorization code to install the new version of the EasyPower software. Both of these were sent to the registered (primary) user at your company.
EasyPower updates are accessible to all EasyPower users with a current maintenance contract.
Please note the following comments associated with this release:
- The EasyPower 10.3 program can be installed side-by-side with your existing version of EasyPower software. Note - service packs are different in that it will overwrite the existing version (10.2 SP1 will overwrite 10.2).
- It is advisable, as you transition to the new version, to always make a backup of your existing files prior to modification in the new version, or save your files with new file names after modification in the new version.
- The EasyPower 10.3 program now uses an updated version of the device library which cannot be used by older EasyPower versions. The new library and other data files will be installed in a new location and new folder (My)Documents\EasyPower 10.0\. You can configure the new file locations in Tools > Options > File Locations.
- Our software engineers are constantly working to provide you with up-to-the-minute technology. You can also go to Tools > Update and check for updates.
Files will be installed to the following locations:
- Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPower 10.3
- Application data: ...(My)Documents\EasyPower 10.3
- Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EasyPower\EasyPower
Important: If you are installing on a network, you must perform the server installation and activation BEFORE you install and activate EasyPower on your client computers.
Please call us at +1(503) 655-5059 option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need any assistance or have technical questions. To give us feedback on the new EasyPower release, please email email@example.com.
The EasyPower knowledge base has additional solutions to help you use EasyPower to solve your electrical problems.
Technical Help - Finding Your Serial Number
You will need your serial number to log into the updates page. If you are not aware of your serial number, there are three ways to find it:
- Look in your software - Go to File > About EasyPower.
- Hardware key - look on the sticker attached to your USB hardware key.
- Primary user - talk to the main EasyPower contact at your company. You will also need to talk to them to get your new authorization code.
Historical Release Notes
Here is a list of historical release notes as well as update details, for more recent versions.
- v10.2 Release Notes
- v10.0 Release Notes
- v9.8 Release Notes
- v9.7 Release Notes
- v9.6 Release Notes
- v9.5 Release Notes
- v220.127.116.118 Release Notes (PDF)
- v9.0.4 Release Notes (PDF)
- v9.0.3 Release Notes (PDF)
- v9.0 Release Notes (PDF)